Big Zuu’s Zillionaire Rustica Recipe
Follow along with Big Zuu, YouTube star, grime artist and self-taught food truck chef, on how to make our new pizza recipe – exclusive to Zizzi restaurants.
Try your hand at making Big Zuu’s Zillionaire Rustica pizza at home. A pizza of two halves – one, spring onions, mozzarella, balsamic onions and goat’s cheese on a white base. The other, spinach, roasted red peppers, roquito peppers, harissa, spring onions, pea shoots and mozzarella on a tomato base. This one’s for all the Zillionaires.
200g dough ball
30g tomato pizza sauce (the best is homemade or you can also buy in supermarkets)
30g béchamel sauce
170g mozzarella, broken into small chunks
60g spring onions, chopped
1 slice goat’s cheese, roughly torn
A handful of spinach leaves
30g roasted red peppers
5 roquito chillies
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 tbsp green pesto
1 tbsp balsamic onion
Pea shoots (for garnish)
Chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to its maximum setting. If you have a pizza oven, set the temperature of it to 300°C (570 F).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into one large oval shape, about 30cm across, using a rolling pin (or go pin free if you have the skills). The dough needs to be very thin so it will crisp and cook quickly in the oven.
- Lift the rolled dough onto a baking sheet or pizza paddle.
- Cover one side of the dough with the tomato pizza sauce and cover the other side with the béchamel sauce. Leave about a 1cm gap between the sauce and the edge of the pizza.
- Sprinkle the chopped mozzarella and spring onions across both sides of the pizza.
- On the béchamel side, add the goat’s cheese, balsamic onion and green pesto evenly across.
- On the pizza sauce side, add the spinach leaves, roasted peppers, roquito chillies (go easy on them if you don’t like too much heat!), and harissa paste.
- Carefully place the pizza in the oven and cook until the dough crisps up and the toppings are bubbling. Don’t stray too far as this will cook quickly!
- Remove from oven and garnish with pea shoots and a pinch of parsley.
- Tuck in and enjoy!